Everything you need to know about Buttendz Grips!
Remove your tape - those days are over! Make sure that the handle portion of the stick is clean and dry; remove as much tape residue as possible. If you have a wood extension, be sure to SOAK the wood with the application spray before applying--the wood grabs the rubber easily!
• 1.) Coat the inside of your Buttendz Grip with 1/2 bottle of adhesive spray; spraying into both ends of the grip. (Save the rest!)
• 2.) Pinching the bottom of your grip with one hand, slide over the top of your stick until the first 2 inches are on the stick.
• 3.) While holding your stick with one hand, use your other hand to pull the Grip down the shaft until the top of the grip lines up with the top of your stick. The quicker you can do this, the easier the process will be. We suggest pulling & twisting simultaneously.
• 3.) Let adhesive spray dry/set overnight. Resist the urge to use the grip until it is locked into place and it will be game ready in no time!
• 4.) Every Buttendz Grip is reusable if your stick breaks or changes.
• 5.) Take care of your grip like any other equipment, and keep your Buttendz grip KNOB UP & out of puddles on the bench!
Yes, it is! Watch here: https://youtu.be/6SlbVHZ32fs
Here are the instructions on how to remove your grip:
• 1.) Get water in between the grip & the stick on both ends. Then dry grip with a towel.
• 2. Grab a spoon or other long, flat utensil with a handle. Add some dish soap to the tip of the handle, and slide the handle in between the grip and stick.
• 3. Repeat step 2 all all side of the grip, entering from both the top and the bottom of the grip for each side.
• Grip will return to original shape within a few minutes. Make sure inside of grip and stick are dry before reapplication.
We want to make sure you get the best possible performance out of your Buttendz grip, so any movement is unacceptable to us. You are using the exact same grips that NHL players are using, so this is not a grip malfunction and is a simple fix.
This is caused by either not letting the grip set correctly after application. Be sure not to use your grip before it is locked in and can't be moved or twisted at all! Because all hockey stick surfaces are different, some applications will take longer to set. Be patient or it may not set correctly.
The most common cause of this is from a player putting the grip KNOB DOWN on the bench where there are puddles of water. So that the grips can be removed, Buttendz are not capped and are susceptible to water entering the grip from the top of the stick. Always keep your grip KNOB UP on the bench and when it's not in use.
Lastly, store your grip(stick) indoors in the off season and in between games. It will prolong the life of the rubber.
• Enhanced feel when stick handling.
• A consistent feel for your top hand, EVERY time.
• Reduced grip pressure in the top hand; promoting harder, more accurate shots.
• Reduced vibration when shooting and receiving passes.
• Reduced wear to the palms of your gloves.
• We recommend letting the grip sit overnight without being touched. The more time between application and first use, the better the feel.
• You can test your grip to see if its game ready by pushing your thumb into the grip and checking for any movement. If its slides at all, it is not ready. Try leaving the grip in a warm, dry area or using a hair dryer to speed up the process.
• If your grip tears within 45 days of purchase, please email us at email@example.com with a picture of the grip and proof of purchase. We will replace any grip inside of 60 days from the date pf purchase, but will review all warranty issues case by case via email. This is a one time free replacement policy.
-Take care of your Buttendz grip and it will take care of you!
NO! The paint we use on the grips is an acrylic paint that passes all regulations set forth by the Consumer Products Safety Commission. Read more here...https://buttendz.com/how-are-buttendz-grips-made-natural-rubber-no-lead-paint/